Monday, July 28, 2008

Thing # 15 Online Gaming

I looked into both games. I spend more time with the pirate puzzler. It was cute. I can see how this could be quite educational for you are required to make educated decisions as you play. My daughter is very accustomed to games like these. The interaction with the characters is fun. I can't help but think how this generation is so used to the constant pace of games and animated interaction. I have often wondered what the end result will be for student's attention spans if not monitored. Obviously, childhood obesity has risen. Kids need more exercise. Mood and character seem to be effected if not monitored carefully. Many times I have thought ADD is a result of the overstimulation of the media/entertainment. I don't mean to get off on all this, I have just been pondering this for some time now.
Yet, at the same time, I am guilty of wanting to incorporated this kind of tool into my own curriculum.

No comments: