Saturday, July 12, 2008

Thing #7

I regularly use Email so this is very familiar for me. I am always eager to learn new things about how I can use it more effectively, though. In the classroom, connecting students with Spanish-speaking pen-pals via email is an idea I have considered to integrate technology into the classroom. I use email often with student/parent/teacher communications. It has been very helpful for students wanting homework due to absence or other questions.
IM/texting is also a tool I use on a regular basis with my family. It is one of the many ways I connect with my teenage daughter,(who can text a mile a minute)! Communicating with librarians was new to me and I am eager to put this to use. One of my friends is a librarian and took this class recently. I plan on asking her if he communicates with Meebo...
I have used web-conferencing for conferences outside of school. Just a thought, what if our staff-meetings were all via the web... Then those of us who work partime and have to miss many of them would not miss out. Doodle I have used to communicate with my TOSA.
I would like to give twitter a try someday. After learning all these tools, it seems they are are all competing with each other to do basically the same things, yet in slightly different ways. In the end, if I signed up for them all, there is no way I could keep track of all of the user names and passwords I chose (of course I would keep a written record) You get the point.

No comments: